When you have a big day, have a big breakfast.
Three Cheese Sausage QuicheWhen you have a big day, have a big breakfast.
Butter, ice cold
Onions, medium sized
Chunky Haloumi Cheese
Mozarella Cheese, grated
- Mix to together 1 regular pack of butter (cut it out into cubes first) with about 3/4 cups of flour until it forms a bread crumb like consistency.
- Now it add a handful of shredded cheddar, and add cold water, one tsp at a time until it forms a workable dough. Now wrap it in cling film and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- Over a stove, saute some onions, garlic, red chillies, and sausages. You can add other vegetables if you like. Or Stir in some herbs for extra flavour. I didn't want to take anything away from the cheese and sausage, so I kept it simple. :)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Roll out the dough onto a greased pie dish. Place butter paper on top, and baking weights (or rajma, coffee beans, etc). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pulses and bake again for another 10 minutes. Take it out and let it cool.
- Spread the sausage filling in the shell.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add a dash of cream, and all the cheese to it. Yes you can lick your fingers. And pour this mixture on top of the sausage filling.
- Bake in a oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 50 minutes. Once it done, let it stand for about 10-15 minutes before you dig in. Nothing like a burnt mouth to ruin a good meal.