Moist. Delicious. Packed with flavour. Who knew such gorgeousness would come from a near-rotten banana!
Banana breadMoist. Delicious. Packed with flavour. Who knew such gorgeousness would come from a near-rotten banana!
Sugar (can be reduced to 1/2)
1 1/2 Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- For a cinnamon swirl, pour only half the batter and add a mixture of cinnamon and sugar in between the batter. And sprinkle some on top.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
- The second time I tried this, I skipped the cinnamon sugar and threw in dark chocolate chunks. Unbelievable! So try different combinations and see how it goes. You can't go wrong with a banana bread.