Baked French Toast
This recipe is so wet pants yum that it's hard to believe it's so easy. Can't believe I lived all this while without knowing such a thing existed. No going back now!
Loaf of White Bread
1 1/2 Cups
- Melt butter in the microwave. Stir in sugar. Pour over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Place a single layer of bread. Pour over half the egg mixture to soak it through. Sprinkle cinnamon. As much as you like.
- Line the second layer. Pour over the remaining egg mixture. More cinnamon.
- Cover and chill in the fridge overnight. Oh yeah, let it soak good.
- Take it out in the morning, sprinkle some sugar on top, and some drops of butter.
- Bake at 180 C for 25-30 minutes.
- You can serve it hot with maple syrup and fresh cream. Or cold as is. It is so yummy you will end up fighting over who gets to lick the dish.